Correr Descalzos

Atrévete: conoce todas las experiencias de los que han decidido mejorar su técnica

Cuéntanos un poco de tí.
Por samagu
Esos “locos” que corren descalzos …. Creo que asi piensan los que me ven a mi, cuando hago mis ”saliditas troteras” …

Aquí uno más, que se une a este modo de correr. Os sigo desde hace un par de meses. Me habéis enganchado de tal manera, que entro todos los días. Paso a contaros mi historia en el apartado de primeros pasos, ya que me consta que ayuda el leer experiencias de los demás. Pues nada, aquí tenéis un descalzo más!!! y continuar escribiendo, que esto llega...
Por Prometeo
Buenas samagu,

bienvenido al foro. Ten precaución al salir todos los días a correr, no vaya a ser que la euforia te provoque algún problemilla.

Un saludo
Por samagu
Muchas gracias a todos por la bienvenida.

Prometeo, veo por el comentario que piensas que es mejor que reduzca la carga de días?,crees mejor pasar a 4 días o a 3 ?? Lo que no quiero es lesionarme, aunque hasta la fecha y a pesar de las barbaridades cometidas en un principio, he tenido bastante suerte, sé que puede no seguir siendo así. Podía haber sido peor por lo que leo por aquí.... Es razonable aumentar en 500 m a la semana (aprox 3 min a la semana )?. Como bien dices, este forma de correr me ha enganchado, me ha convencido, me ha emocionado..... y no quiero que la euforia me lleva a una camino equivocado. Cierto es que cada cuerpo es un mundo, pero es muy díficil encontrar una guía , un plan para la transición correcta.

Muchas gracias por adelantado por tu opinión y comentario
Por Prometeo
Buenas de nuevo samagu,

lo mío era más bien una observación, no un consejo. Es difícil decir si es mucha carga de trabajo o no sin saber más cosas: ¿corrías ya antes de empezar en el minimalismo o no? ¿otros deportes? ¿otros deportes descalzo (artes marciales, gimnasia...)? ¿experiencia caminando descalzo (playa, camping...)? ¿lesiones anteriores? ¿edad? ¿peso? ¿alguna enfermedad? ... los factores son innumerables.

Como siempre, volvemos al manido: escucha a tu cuerpo. Personalmente a mí me funciona el salir un día y descansar siempre el/los siguiente/s, pero cada persona es un mundo.

Despacito y buena letra.

Un saludo
Por Zephyr
Bienvenido samagu,
samagu escribió:Prometeo, veo por el comentario que piensas que es mejor que reduzca la carga de días?,crees mejor pasar a 4 días o a 3 ?? Lo que no quiero es lesionarme, aunque hasta la fecha y a pesar de las barbaridades cometidas en un principio, he tenido bastante suerte, sé que puede no seguir siendo así. Podía haber sido peor por lo que leo por aquí.... Es razonable aumentar en 500 m a la semana (aprox 3 min a la semana )?. Como bien dices, este forma de correr me ha enganchado, me ha convencido, me ha emocionado..... y no quiero que la euforia me lleva a una camino equivocado. Cierto es que cada cuerpo es un mundo, pero es muy díficil encontrar una guía , un plan para la transición correcta.
http://www.runnersworld.com/community/f ... start-here
The “Lose the Shoes” Plan

Each stage of the plan is designed to help acclimate your body to barefoot running. The temptation to speed the process will be great. Rushing through the process will greatly increase the likelihood of injuries. To resist doing too much too soon, do not advance to the next stage until you can successfully complete the recommended mileage pain-free! This plan uses a conservative time frame because of the frightening frequency of overuse injuries. If you meet any of the criteria in the “Speed of Progression” section, you can increase the distances listed throughout the plan. Just remember to listen to your body!

Stage 1
2 weeks
Walk around barefoot as many places as possible. Do not start running yet. This will begin to condition your feet and soles for more active barefoot running. This stage could also include barefoot activities such as hiking. There is no mileage associated with the stage. Also during this stage, take time to do exercises to strengthen your calves. This will reduce the likelihood of Achilles tendon and plantar fasciitis pain and injuries. Move on to stage two if you do not experience pain after two weeks. If you already do a lot of barefoot activity, this step may be skipped.

Stage 2
2 weeks
Begin walking in place barefoot. Slowly increase your cadence until you are slowly running in place. The idea is to learn how it feels to lightly touch the ground and pull your feet straight up without pushing off. This will also begin the process of preparing the bones, muscles, tendons, and ligaments of your feet to barefoot running. Start with 30 seconds of running in place 2-3 times per day. Increase this time by 15 seconds each day. Move on to stage three when you can run in place for three minutes without pain. If you already do a lot of barefoot activity, this step may be skipped.

Stage 3
4 weeks
Find hard, smooth surface without debris. Examples include new asphalt, smooth sidewalks, or running tracks. Begin running 3 times per week with at least one rest day after each barefoot run. Limit distance to 1/8 to 1/4 mile depending on running experience. Increase distance by 1/8th mile each day. Pace should be VERY slow, the focus is on finding a form that works well for you. If you experience pain, take an extra day off. If you develop blisters, slow down or reevaluate form. Move on to stage four when you are able to run 1.5 miles barefoot without pain, including one or two days after the barefoot run (some injuries are not immediately apparent).

Stage 4
4 weeks
Begin adding different terrain, including softer surfaces and hills. This can include grass, dirt trail, sand, etc. A good strategy is to run a hard surface one day, then a soft surface the next. At this stage, you should be running approximately 1.5 miles barefoot. During this stage, continue adding 1/8th mile per run. Continue going slow, your focus is going to be perfecting your form. Again, if you experience blisters, slow down. If you feel pain, take a day off. Move on to stage five when you are able to run 3 miles barefoot without pain, including one or two days after the barefoot run (some injuries are not immediately apparent).

Stage 5
No specific time frame
By this point, you should be running about 3 miles per run. You may begin experimenting with slowly increasing your pace, increasing your distance, or adding technical trails or hills to your routine. Only add one element at a time. Do not increase distance by more than 10% per week or speed by more than 15 seconds per mile. Again, if you experience blisters, slow down. If you feel pain, take a day off. Your feet should now be conditioned enough to be your "running shoe" of choice for most of your runs. Just keep in mind that completing this transition is similar to earning your black belt in martial arts; which is considered the point at which you know the basics and true learning begins...not where the learning ends. Take it slow, listen to your body and enjoy your journey. (Thanks for the conclusion, Notleh!)

Credits: This plan was developed based on my own experiences coupled with the advice and feedback of the many wonderful contributors to the Runner's World Barefoot Running Forum, including Notleh, Barefoot Hugo, PeaceKaren, Jeff D in MA, Blind Boy, Barefoot Dama, Barefoot TJ, Barefoot Huang, AFrunner, syndibee, Nergock, Tender Toes Mark, Nazaretti, Dirty Toes Joe, Barefoot Bonehead, and Zolodoco. If you have questions, comments, or would like to become part of a friendly, helpful community of caring barefoot runners, please visit this forum. You may also email me at barefootchronicles "at" gmail "dot" com

Otro thread con recomendaciones:
http://www.runnersworld.com/community/f ... -slow-down
Un saludo,

Zephyr
Por samagu
Perfecto..:!!! Muchas gracias por tu colaboración, Zephir.

Veo que me estaba dejando llevar por la emoción. Dejaré un dia de descanso entre salida y salida (o dos....), ya que no lo estaba haciendo,(más vale prevenir...) aumentaré distancia más o menos 200 m/día (600 m a la semana) siempre que el cuerpo no me dé señales de alarma, despacio, sin prisa y continuaré con mis andanzas descalzo por casa y realizando ejercicios de fortalecimiento de tobillos y gemelos-sóleos. Comenzaré desde 800 m, (ya que ahora mismo estaba realizando 1,2 km aumentando 200 a la semana) con el fin de acabar con las tres salidas de esta semana en lo que estaba haciendo 1, 2 km.

Agradezco la información y por supuesto el hecho de habérmela facilitado.